Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Week 33 of 2012 - When things go bump in the night....

In all of my 61 plus years of life, I can only remember a couple of bad dreams, or other upheaval that caused me to feel fearful during my night/sleep time.  I always say that I'm SOOOOO tired I don't have the energy to dream or even have something wake me up!  We all know, however, that there's always brain activity or dreams, we just don't remember them.  My bad dreams...the couple that I remember involve being chased or something to do with the s word....ending with e....and its a reptile.  You all know what I'm talking about. 

I do remember the early morning of Dad's passing and the phone call that came at something like 4:20am....that was a call that caused instant fear and I'm not sure that I will ever forget that feeling.  During subsequent years, I would often wake up between 4-4:30 and not be able to go back to sleep  I also remember a phone call in the wee hours from the Harbor Beach Police Dept.  Patrolman Glenn Cook was alerting me that the west door to the quilt shop was unlocked.  "Would you please come down and lock it?"  "Be right there...just don't look at me," was my sleepy response.  So, it wasn't too bad a bump in the night after I got awake...and made my way to empty State Street in my pajamas, boots and coat thrown over the top to lock the door in front of the officer.  UGH!

May your nights be sweet, peaceful and free of bumps....I wish you pleasant dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment